...so back to work I go! I am helping to run an enrichment program at school for the next four weeks. It isn't a bad gig--I'll make more money just helping kids read and watching them on the computer than I would bagging groceries or something. But secretly I kinda hope that not enough kids attend to justify my presence so they send me home. Being at home all day and having plenty of time to work on stuff grew on me. And my house is much cleaner now than it was before school ended.
Last night we celebrated Ruthann's birthday with Jen & Lewis. It was the first time in ages that we've had people over. The rats were out of their minds with happiness at all the people who came to visit them, especially Mus. I don't think she paused for breath the entire time people were over! They were completely sacked out this morning though--wouldn't even get out of the hammock to get their breakfast yogurt drop treats. I stuck my hand in to make sure they were okay, and I saw four very sleepy heads poke out to look at me and then retreat back to sleep some more.
Jeff's meal was FANTASTIC. I didn't help out too much, only with the procurement of supplies. He made seared foie gras with a cherry sauce, rack of lamb, roasted potatoes, green beans almondine, and a cornmeal almond cake. Amazing. The wines were good too, although not to my taste. Jeff was gaga over them, and if you want to know more about what they were you'll have to wait for HIS blog post as I don't remember any details.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment