Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Anticipation Is Killing Me!

I am so stoked for Meat-stravaganza tomorrow! Jeff has been brining meat all day and is now making three, count 'em, three barbeque sauces. I am bummed that Ruthann can't come, but she said that she may come by after her commitment. Or if she still doesn't have power tomorrow. But almost everyone else is coming. I don't think I should eat any lunch so I can save myself for dinner!

We had a crazy storm blow through while we were at the market this morning. It sounded like someone was throwing gravel on the metal roof. Lightning was slamming into the ground not very far away. I felt really badly for the vendors who were not under cover. I heard that all of Roos's coffee got wet--I hope he can salvage it. We were wigged out enough that we went inside the building to eat breakfast. The rest of the day has been incredibly muggy. I hope it's not so bad tomorrow.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Meat-stravaganza is upon us! I just put the angel food cake into the oven (hey, someone had to bring dessert). Hmmm, I wonder if meat could have been incorporated somehow...bacon angel food cake??

jlw said...

Bacon goes well with EVERYTHING. Or we could've slathered the cake with BBQ sauce instead of strawberries and cream! Thanks for bringing it--very yummy.