Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Long Days Get Even Longer

But it is by my choice, I guess. Today I started working two days a week at Homework Lab, which is a tutoring program at my school. I am working with sixth graders, which is my homeroom level, and focusing on math.

I can hear your laughter through the Internet. Yes, math. Even I can handle sixth grade math! I did pretty well today. We reviewed line segments, radius, and diameter. I am all over it, I swear.

But this means I won't get home on those days until almost 6, which is tough. Thankfully another teacher is doing Wednesdays so I can still make it to wine club. Nothing shall interfere with wine club--I mean, let's have some priorities, people! I was worried that the time would drag after teaching all day, but it actually flew by. It's a good group of kids and they're all in my homeroom, so I don't have to worry about discipline problems or anything.

Coming back after Thanksgiving has been tough. I really enjoyed the time off and didn't accomplish as much as I needed to. Basically I slept and hung out with friends and family, which is pretty much what Thanksgiving is about, in my opinion. Having two weeks off at Christmas will be great. We're spending a few days in Chicago with my family-I haven't been there in 2 years. The rodent hoard will just have to do without us for a while! We're counting down the hours already...13 days left, in case you're wondering.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Your Thanksgiving sounds perfect. I am glad to hear that you are going back to Chicago for Christmas. We are spending the holidays here at home. Give everyone a hug from us! Love you!