Friday, November 20, 2009

You Are The Drama Queen...

Today we took the kids roller skating. It was fun, but I wish they would just send them home once we get back at 12:00 because it's not like we can do much with them after that. My kids were surprisingly good, actually. The worst thing is that my voice is pretty croaky due to this cold I have had all week so I couldn't make myself heard on the bus or anything.

We did have a girl fall and hurt her leg--she wasn't even on the rink at the time. She is a total drama queen and rolled on the floor screaming in pain. Another teacher and I had to carry her to a bench and we checked her out. The location of the pain kept shifting from her ankle to her knee to all over...the whole time screaming and carrying on. We threatened to call an ambulance if it was THAT bad, and she wanted no part of that. So we got her ice but she wouldn't keep it on her leg (it was "cold". Duh). Then she claimed she couldn't possibly get on the bus, and said she couldn't put her shoes on (why, are your hands broken too? was my response). As we were gathering her up to leave, she looks at me tearfully and weeps, "Do you think I'll ever be able to walk again?" Um, yup. Yup, I do. I will be anxious to see on Monday if she shows up in a cast or anything. Probably in a motorized wheelchair or something.

I'm hoping to steal photos of this blessed event (the skating in general, not the falling and crying part) from my co-worker. I didn't bring my camera because I was scared I might fall on it when I bit it. And bite it I did, in the middle of "Thriller". Luckily I knew it was coming and didn't hurt myself. Or others around me. Only my pride. But it was so worth it.

And finally, shout-out congrats to Kristen and Nick! So happy for both of you!

No comments: