I usually like Tuesdays because my homeroom kids have PE on Tuesdays, which means I get 45 minutes in a kid-free room. This only happens twice a week, so these times are precious. I will never take prep periods in my own room for granted again! Anyway, I totally forgot that the PE teachers weren't at school today due to training at the county...meaning I had to babysit my homeroom. Curses! The good thing was that a kid reminded me about PE being cancelled at the very beginning of the day, so I was able to get done what I needed before the babysitting began.
While I was running around getting all my copies made (this sounds easy but remember, we have no copy paper AGAIN), I got called into the office to deal with a parent who was pissed off at me. First of all, he was pissed that his kid came to school out of uniform expecting to go on a roller skating field trip today. Um, the field trip is in 2 weeks. I told the kids yesterday that they would be getting a permission slip today and that they could have dress-down privileges on the day of the trip. But no, it was my fault that the kid didn't listen to me. I also got yelled at because apparently the kids had to turn out their pockets yesterday while the principal searched for stolen money. I was completely unaware of this, mind you, since I was TEACHING at the time. But I got to have the parent ranting at me about illegal searches and the ACLU and all. Nice. I directed him to the principal's office. Take it out on someone who actually deserves it!
It's always good to start the day off with a healthy dose of crazy in the morning, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment