First snow of the year is falling as I type...very pretty, but useless unless it gets me a day off. I have the feeling that I don't need to be too worried about getting a phone call tomorrow morning though. Of course we would get a mild winter when this year they built in around a zillion snow days. I am enjoying the colder temperatures though. I have all these sweaters that I didn't get to wear for three years in Georgia, so I'm always excited to get them out. I also got a new winter coat for Valentines Day last year and I didn't have that much of the season left to enjoy it. I know, I am a complete dork. It just feels right to have actual seasons.
In other news, we had a wonderful dinner last night after our wine club. The food wasn't all that exceptional, but the company was great. One of our friends is a criminal defense lawyer, so he was regaling us with tales of some of his clients. Additionally, it was 1/2 price wine night at the restaurant. We managed to knock off a bottle of champagne pretty easily between the four of us. Keep in mind this was after tasting 18 wines. It did make getting up this morning very, very difficult. Very.
My husband has a phone interview next week, which obviously we're excited about. It's not a great job, but any job is better than no job. And it's only the first step in the process...he was chosen as a semi-finalist from 250-300 applicants. They will choose 3-4 for an on-campus interview after the phone interviews. It is a plant biologist position at a joint Purdue-Indiana University campus in Fort Wayne, IN. Not so sure how I feel about Indiana. We shall see...any interview is a good interview.
And finally, I know you will be impressed that I successfully helped a Homework Lab student with their math homework, which was about converting distance measurements. Perhaps it's a little strange that I am so pleased about being able to figure 6th grade math. Perhaps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment