Thursday, June 4, 2009

Uncomfortable

So I FINALLY had my meeting with the administration today about my observation, which was done so long ago that I don't even remember when they came in my room. I'm sure it was in 2008 though. Anyway, they started off by telling me that they first wanted me to know how much they appreciated my hard work, blah blah blah. So I was a little nervous about what was coming next, and then they handed me a written copy of what would go into my file. They gave me 5 "needs improvements"! Well, 3 of them were because I don't have a word wall, centers, or student work in my room. Everyone in the middle school got those. Um, I don't teach 2nd grade so I don't have centers. Whatever. The other two were because my room is disorganized and because my lesson plans aren't detailed enough. My room is disorganized because I moved in after school started and all the cabinets and shelves were already full, plus I am rarely in my room when students aren't there since my room is used for Arabic classes during my prep. And my lesson plans aren't as detailed as they want because they never actually TOLD me what they want. However, they did note that things have improved on both of those since they initially observed me (six months ago).

So I was a little miffed, but not much. The things they observed were true and I'm sure they will be resolved. But then the curriculum director went completely off the wagon and started telling me about how she feels for us all because we have so many obstacles facing us. THEN SHE STARTED SOBBING! I didn't know where to look. I'm pretty sure that if anyone had the need to be crying, it was me. I couldn't wait to escape the office. Just give me the paper and I'll sign it, just let me leave!

No comments: