Sunday, May 31, 2009

The End Is Near

7 1/2 days remaining with students...feels like too many still! I will be busy for slightly longer than that, however. The teachers are taking a week-long Arabic cultural course right after school finishes, but there won't be any kids there and we get to eat yummy food so I'm down with that. I'm also going to be working 4 days a week in July doing some enrichment stuff--helping kids on the computer, running a book club, etc. Decent money and it's NOT summer school so that's also fine with me. I just hope gas doesn't go up much more because that will make the commute not worth the while.

We've been slaving in the yard some more. I mowed the lawn yesterday, which desperately needed to happen. We don't own a lawnmower so we borrowed one from our neighbor. I also planted some cannas, which was hard work. I hope they all come up and look great!

Two more of our older rats died last week. Roux, our first Michigan rat, had a stroke or something similar. Sophie was just old, I think. She bit me REALLY HARD the morning before she died. I think she was just confused and in pain, so it's better for her not to be around dealing with that. My finger hurt though! Luckily it was pinched more than it was punctured, but I could not get her off of me without prying off her jaw.

No comments: