Sunday, June 7, 2009

Queen of Procrastination

Yes, that's me. I have grades due at 8 AM tomorrow and I really should probably, you know, get on them. I just have no motivation. I should be able to crank them out pretty quickly once I actually start, but I just remembered I also need to do the SEMESTER grades, which will take a bit longer. If the computer would make all the calculations, it would be easy. But I have a lot of kids who go to SPED ELA classes so I have to manually enter their SPED grades in, and they will not average correctly. I still don't fully understand why these SPED kids are on my roster at all, and why the SPED teachers aren't responsible for entering their grades. But then, there are many things I do not comprehend.

We went to see David Sedaris at a book reading in Okemos yesterday. He was hilarious (big shock). Because Jeff had won special tickets to the event, we got special seats and I got to have my books signed BEFORE the reading and didn't have to wait in line. My signed book now says, "To Julie, Thanks for making me rich".

And finally, I am reminded daily of how much I miss my grandmother. I found out a few weeks ago that I am one of the beneficiaries of a small life insurance policy, so I've been filling out forms for the insurance company and talking with my uncle. My grandmother is still looking out for me even now!

Anyway, I need to get to work. Looking forward to next week when the madness of the school year is over, finally.

No comments: