Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Best Fireworks...In The World...Ever!

Yeah, we saw them last night. Ruthann held her annual almost 4th of July, almost birthday extravaganza last night, and the neighboring country club obliged us with a kick-ass fireworks show. We were right underneath them and I don't think I've ever seen fireworks so bright (or so loud--freakin' awesome!). They had some really cool ones that I hadn't seen before, including a cool pastel one and a HUGE waterfall one that went all the way to the ground. Or so it seemed. After the show, we went back to her house and had sorbet while we waited for the crowds to disperse. Good food, good wine, great company... AND KICK-ASS PYROTECHNICS! I'm afraid that my sparklers couldn't compare. I believe that Lewis took some great photos, and I am hoping that Jen can persuade him to send them to me. Jen, are you reading this? Make The Mister read this too! Else I will be forced to sneak in and steal the memory card and download them myself. I am sneaky...like a bobcat. :)

We are finishing our massive cleaning project today so we can head off to Traverse City for a few days. And hopefully we can maintain the nearly-acceptable state of the house for long enough to host a pre-Bastille Day meat smoking-palooza. Mark your calendars!

No comments: