Sunday, September 28, 2008

Eid Mubaruk!

See , thanks to Sabeen I have already learned a useful Arabic phrase for the upcoming week! Now I just have to figure out how to pronounce all the kids' names... I am hoping that they are pronounced similarly to how they are spelled. Otherwise I will be up a creek.

I think tomorrow will mostly entail get-to-know-you activities and perhaps some help with unloading stuff out of my car. I also want to rearrange the room somewhat. According to class lists, my largest class is 28 so I shouldn't need so many student desks in there. Too many places for trouble to occur. There's also a round table smack in front of the white board, so I can only write on half of the board. Well, duh. That will be moved immediately. There's also a lack of bookcase space so I am going to have to get creative about finding room for books. Yes, I know I am teaching writing, but my YA books cannot just sit at home in boxes for me to trip over at every step. I suppose I also need to figure out exactly which classes I will be seeing tomorrow and make sure everything is as ready to go as possible tonight. I will have to leave the house around 6:15 now, which displeases me. However, having a job 45 miles away is definitely better than no job at all. I also will have to run out at some point during the day to the Public Health Office to prove that indeed I do NOT have TB. Fantastic.

No comments: