Yup, I am ready. I spent last week in Grand Rapids learning all there is to know about being a new teacher (again) and now I am ready to get it done. Still have over two weeks before school starts though, so I need to keep some initiative bottled up until the appropriate time.
As summer is winding down, I am frantically trying to fit in all my appointments for the next few months. I will also be changing insurance, which is another motivation to get it all in now. But of course I am finding out that as we get older, our bodies are not as good to go as they once were. I have ANOTHER cavity which is getting filled tomorrow--this is tragic when you went 34 years without a single one and are now averaging one per year. My brother still has perfect teeth, which is totally unfair. I also found out yesterday that I have neovascularization (no idea if I spelled that correctly and can't be bothered to look it up being that I am still on vacation) in my right eye. Basically it means that my cornea isn't getting enough oxygen due to my contacts and is starting to build new capillaries around the eye to rectify the problem. Only it doesn't fix the problem--it just causes eventual blindness. So that's not so cool. The happy thing is that it is reversible and hopefully simply switching out my contacts more often will make it go away. Stupid getting old. Stupid contacts. For as much as I pay for them, you'd think they would actually improve my vision instead of potentially destroying it. I did get new glasses though, which is fun even though I usually only wear them at night or in the morning.
I am also attempting to get the house cleaned up, the ratties situated, and all that good stuff that never seems to end. It is amazing to me how little I get done in a day, even when it feels like I am working hard! This is why I usually get a summer job of some type; staying at home all day makes me crazy. I haven't had a summer completely without employment since my very first year of teaching and it was a disaster. I need something to do outside of the house, even if it is something menial. Now watch...I've complained so next summer we'll end up moving or something no fun at all. Just you wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment