Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Summertime....and the living is easy...

Not having to work this summer (okay, technically I wasn't allowed to teach summer school, so it isn't really my fault) has totally spoiled me. The last time I didn't have something going on during the summer was the very first year I taught, way back in 1999. It drove me crazy. At least this summer I have had plenty of things to keep me occupied around the house--in fact, I am sure that none of the "projects" I planned on doing will actually get finished before school starts. Next week is new teacher orientation so I will actually have to do stuff. But I am excited to start this new job and will be happy to be busy again.

In other news, I finally got a new laptop! It's pretty basic but the price was right. Plus the old one was at death's door. Now I need to procure Office 2007 and I will be good to go. I can purchase Office through my new school, but I have to be on the school's network in order to log into the system. Logically. So I need to drive to school at some point to make it happen as it is MUCH cheaper to buy it this way than any other way I have seen (sorry, U of M).

Finally, I am linking this YouTube video because it is freaking hysterical. If you are into Jane Austen at any level, you need to watch this. I posted it on my Facebook profile and have been disappointed that few people seem to think it's as great as I do. Check it out. You won't be disappointed, especially if you liked Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2PM0om2El8&feature=player_embedded

No comments: