Last weekend I spent over $400 on my car (new brakes, fan belt, oil change, etc.). During the week, I noticed a strange noise whenever I hit a bump on the highway. It sounded like the springs were going out and forcing the wheel to rub against the wheelwell or something. But it only happened on the highway--not even the Ann Arbor potholes could reproduce the noise at low speeds. And yes, the noise was witnessed so it's not that I am making it up. I called Goodyear to see what they thought it might be and they told me to bring it back in.
After the market this morning, I brought the car in and described the problem. The mechanics were puzzled since the sound wasn't happening all the time. But they checked it all out, even taking it out on the highway (a brave move since there is a home football game today). And of course, they couldn't hear the noise. The only thing they thought it might be was a broken splash guard. They tied it up and didn't charge me a thing. I hope that fixes the problem. I asked how much it would cost if I had to replace the struts or something--over $1100. Eek. Let's not need to do that real soon.
I really appreciate having good people who have my back though. I would never take my car anyplace else for service in town.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment