Okay, so perhaps "perfect" is a strong word. But it was a good day. After last year, I wasn't really expecting to have one so soon.
My first moment of awesomeness came this morning when I found out that I would have an extra 45 minutes to plan--WITHOUT kids in my room. I did not think that my homeroom would be able to have their computer class this morning, but they did. Fantastic!
The one PITA class (that's shorthand for Pain In The Ass, by the way) was actually not a PITA for me. My guess is because I have them first in the lineup of academic classes so they haven't had time to get wound up yet. Whatever the reason, I'm going with it because they are making the other teachers crazy.
My aide is completely awesome. I am not entirely certain how I functioned without her last year. She works with kids who speak little to no English, she takes attendance for me, she passes things out, and she walks kids to where they need to be. I am practically superfluous in my own classroom. And frankly I'm good with that.
My homeroom class continues to be an immense improvement over last year's. They are sweet and cute and eager to please. I might even be able to take them on a field trip this year--you know, out in public and everything--without risking personal shame and inflicting emotional (and possibly bodily) harm on an unsuspecting public.
So I'm keeping the old fingers crossed that this trend will continue. Tune in to find out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's pretty good...I mean, you can't even take me out in public and everything without and incident.
Post a Comment