Yeah, that's right. Those of you who read yesterday's "Perfect Day"post (and I know a few people must have because my counter had increased) might remember how awesome my day was yesterday. And today was another totally awesome day--the third one in a row. I literally can't remember the last time that happened, at least when middle schoolers were involved. Almost the entire drive home I was thinking, "Wow, I'm going to have a really boring blog post tonight because nothing exciting happened." I am pretty sure I even said those words aloud to my husband on the phone.
And then karma caught up to me and kicked me in the ass.
So go back to yesterday's entry and read the part about my fantastic aide who rocks my world. Go ahead....
About ten minutes before I got home today, my friend and coteacher called me. When the first words out of her mouth were, "I figured I should tell you this now so that you won't be surprised when you get to school tomorrow...", things are about to go south pretty fast.
My fantastic, wonderful aide QUIT after school ended today. She didn't tell anyone but the principal, and then just walked out. And I don't blame her for quitting. I would quit too if I worked at a place for as long as she had but was treated like dirt. I won't go into the particulars since it's not my place to air someone else's issues on my blog, but needless to say I don't think she was appreciated. In fairness, I often think most of us there aren't fully appreciated, but I get paid more and benefits and that kind of crap. She didn't. So she found a job which will pay her less but give her the respect she deserves. I wish her well, though I will miss her terribly. Ironically I had just told her about how much I appreciated having her around about an hour before I left school.
Back to square one again. I do not have good vibes about this empty position... I hope that they either find someone as good as the other person was, or just leave it unfilled. I can't afford to have someone in there who is a liability. Anyone know someone who needs a job, can speak Arabic, has excellent communication skills in English, and is willing to put up with a lot of crap they probably shouldn't have to put up with? Lemme know.
To make my day complete, I got a flu shot while we were buying groceries at Kroger. I never remember how much my arm aches afterwards. I fully intend to whine about it to distract myself from this other situation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is never safe to go back in the water, unless you are properly prepared. This obviously caught you off guard. You need to carry protection at all times. Never, Never, Ever, Ever feel safe. Just some advice from a 7 year veteran.
Post a Comment