Monday, April 13, 2009

Yay Spring! 'Bout Freakin' Time!

I am VERY happy to be off for a week. Obviously things have not been going so well, hence the long gap since my last post. The bad thing about having this week off is that there is no way I will want to go back next week. And we don't have any days off until Memorial Day. I don't even have any sick days left. Suckage.

My dear Grandma Weber died last week. She was almost 93 years old. I visited her the weekend before she died and am so glad that I did. We had a nice afternoon together. She was completely lucid the entire time, though physically weak. The funeral was not much fun but it was nice to see my family again. But I will miss my grandma terribly.

So there's been some really difficult weeks. I keep telling myself how lucky I am to have a job when I hear about all the people getting laid off. And although I miss Grandma, I was lucky to have her in my life for so long and to see her one last time.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Julie, I totally get how you are feeling. I still miss grandma and I am so glad that I was able to see her that last time. I love you. Let me know if you need anything!