Friday, April 24, 2009

How much longer until summer? Sheesh!

I think we counted that there are 33 1/2 days left of school. I hope we can all aurvive without snapping! We were promised that the administration would hold a middle school assembly right after break to re-visit the rules and put the fear of God (or Allah...it's all good) into our little darlings. Of course, that hasn't happened.

In fact, the administration has been even more inconsistent in backing us up than normal. The art teacher was told today that sending kids who were being disruptive out of her class really wasn't effective because "that's what they want you to do." My thought is that I could care less what they want me to do at that point. I just want them to get the hell out of my presence. The science teacher wrote a kid up for saying "This is so gay!" literally 5 minutes after the counselor came down and talked to them about not using the words "gay", "faggot", etc. He was sent back almost immediately because there was nothing they could do to discipline him-- HE DIDN'T CALL A PERSON GAY, JUST A SITUATION. What? So I can use racial or homophobic slurs as long as I'm not directing them at an actual person? AHHHHHHHH!!! Later that period, a different kid was written up for dropping F-bombs and he got 2 days OSS. The principal was "disgusted" that he would use that word in class. Anyone else smell the hypocrisy?

Anyway. The weather is supposed to be great this weekend and I am looking forward to enjoying it sans middle schoolers.

No comments: