Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Do I have telekinetic powers or what?

Due to a broken water main, we had no school today. Of course, I didn't find this out until I actually ARRIVED at work...why would we want to notify the teachers ahead of time? We ended up staying for around an hour (long enough to update the phone tree) and then got out of Dodge. Personally I am hoping that they don't get it fixed anytime soon. I don't care how many days we have to make up!

I stopped at SMS on my way home (to see people, but also to use the bathroom since there was no water in a 5 mile radius of school). It was great to see my friends, but the stories I heard were very disheartening. More cuts coming soon...more bad news for education. I'm so glad that we're all about doing what's right for kids in this neck of the woods. It just makes me sad on so many levels.

The rats aren't quite sure what I'm doing at home at this time of day. No doubt the neighbors think I was laid off again or something. Between this and getting all the Muslim holidays off, my schedule must really throw people off!

No comments: