...for many reasons. Selfishly, the one most important to me is that my 8th grade class was on a field trip today during my class so I had a 90-minute free period. Whoo-hoo! I got my desk somewhat cleaned off, wrote lesson plans for next week, and updated my grades. It's amazing how productive I can be when left alone in my room with computer access (usually the Arabic and art teachers use my room during my prep so I have to do everything using a computer at home).
We have another grade level meeting with the administration tomorrow. I am not sure that it will go much better than the last one. In my opinion, behavior has gotten worse since last time after brief improvement. I actually hurt my throat today yelling at 7th graders, less because I was angry than because it was the only way I could be heard. Unbelievable. And that was without the extremely disruptive SPED kids in there!
If you haven't guessed yet, I have started applying for other jobs. Something needs to change soon--either my circumstances or the environment at school.
Oh, and the most annoying person in the world is filling in for the science position currently. I guess they hired a man but he backed out (I wonder what he read....) so they are back to square one. This new woman has been working as a parapro in the elementary school and has elementary science certification, apparently. I am pretty sure that the middle schoolers will systematically dismantle her if she stays. And I'm also fairly certain that the middle school TEACHERS will be ready to help them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment