Friday, October 17, 2008

I heart MEAP. Not.

So MEAP testing needs to end. Soon. We have been stuck in a room with the same 30 kids every morning for a week. The elective teachers are all busy proctoring tests, so no elective classes. Meaning the kids don't get the chance to get out and burn off any energy, meaning that energy gets channelled into inappropriate activities like beating the crap out of each other and annoying me.

This was also the first week that I have worked all five days with kids since last year. It pretty much kicked my ass. I am going flat-out just trying to survive, and not much is getting done at home. I don't know how people with kids do it--one of the math teacher lives just as far away as I do, works the after-school program, and has twin kids. Crazy talk.

No comments: