I should be working on my grades right now, but I so don't feel like it. There are, in fact, a multitude of things I should be doing right now that I don't feel like doing. This should not be a surprise to anyone. I am not organized and I am a procrastinator. And my house is such a mess that I have resorted to apathy as a coping mechanism.
It being spring, we have been hauling plants out of the basement and into the yard. It seems like a never-ending task. Some of the plants are taller than I am, and they have spikes on the tips of their leaves. Oh, and some contain poisonous sap. Awesome. We got maybe half of them outside yesterday, meaning today I can barely move my knees.
One of my wonderful neighbors lent me her lawnmower, and I was able to rid our yard of the forest of weeds that has been prospering. We have a lot of shade from trees so we don't have to mow very often. All the rain has been conspiring against us, however, and I was forced to take decisive action! We have also been planting our garden...lots of tomatoes and herbs, some flowers too. Nice to enjoy the time outside while NOT carrying heavy plants.
So, as you can see, I have been doing work. I have even done some work INSIDE the house too...dishes, laundry, rat cage cleaning. The problem is that it never seems to get caught up. There's always something else to do. And this is why I don't have the energy to do the grades. But it must get done, but it's gonna be later tonight. Argh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment