Sunday, February 8, 2009

Monday, Monday...

Sunday nights always just suck as I know I have to get up and go to work tomorrow! Thankfully we only have one more week before our week-long mid-winter break. The kids have been especially bonkers recently. I think they suspended around 8 kids on Friday. At least I hope they did. In theory the administration says they are starting to put down the hammer on discipline problems. I'm not sure if I believe it though.

One thing which they are talking about doing for next year is to go back to a "normal" schedule. Currently we have 90 minute blocks, so the kids only have 3 academic classes per day. I don't have a 90 minute attention span, so I'm not entirely certain how pre-teens are supposed to. It's also confusing to remember where you are in each class. Our kids don't tend to use planners, so they never know when they have homework due or tests.

So at least that's one thing to look forward to for next year should I not find alternative employment. I've also talked to the other ELA teacher about switching positions, so she would do the writing and I would do the reading. That would be a better fit for both of us.

No comments: