Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Bad Blogger

Yes, that's me. I find that I have lots to say but no time to say it. Stupid day job (although at least I have one).

I may be a bad blogger but I'm an AWESOME Facebooker. I really like being able to keep up with people from all over the place and from different phases of my life--all on one page. I'm so proud of all my former students and am happy that I can still see what they're up to. I've also reconnected with family and friends from long, long ago. I've got old family photos posted so other family members can see them even though I'm the only one with the originals. And I can even use FB to communicate with/harass my current coworkers. My husband says I am obsessed, which I feel is a strong word. I do see it as an indispensable tool at this point though.

I also feel like I am doing a better job of connecting with my students this year. Probably a lot of this is because I actually started the year with them, but I also just feel more comfortable. I am trying to do a lot of new things using the new books and the new curriculum, which is tiring. Hopefully it will be worth the effort in the end. The state writing tests that the seventh graders took last week look better than last year's tests, according to our curriculum director, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Last year the school average on that test was below passing, so anything would be an improvement!

My only other big accomplishment thus far this school year is trying to keep up with washing the dishes on a daily basis. Washing the dishes is MY job since Jeff cooks, and I don't really enjoy it. Especially if we eat late and I'm tired and just want to sleep. So it's kinda lame, but it is a big deal for me!

On totally unrelated subject, congrats to my friend Lauren on the birth of James--he's a cutie!

No comments: